Jess Roper McLamb
President and Founder
Jess helps business owners create the financial information they need to make sound business decisions. Since forming her firm in 1993, she has worked with manufacturers, attorneys, healthcare providers, retailers, realtors, contractors, and other service providers to clean up their QuickBooks file and teach them to understand the numbers for their business. According to a client, “Jess exceeded everything and made it so simple. Jess has allowed me to think about my finances in a different way.” Prior to starting Roper, Jess was a senior officer in banking and insurance for close to 20 years.
- Graduated from East Carolina University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Math
- Attended North Carolina State University for post-graduate accounting courses.
- Also attended the BAI School of Banking, a three-year program at the University of Wisconsin in Madison.
- Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
- Currently teaches small business workshops for area community colleges and SCORE.
- Served as president and is the current treasurer of the Raleigh Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners and the North Raleigh Civitan Club.
- An avid hockey fan, She and her husband enjoy attending Carolina Hurricanes games
- They also enjoy visiting their two favorite places, Beaufort (NC) and their home in the NC mountains.